Using 84 Dodge Ram truck 318, tell me what this is pls..

Hey guys:

The 318 in my Duster is one that I pulled out of a 1984 Ram truck.I've been getting everything sorted out, but theres something that I do not know the function of:

Back on the right rear of the intake, there is a small electrical device with a couple of terminals, and adjacent to that appears to be a small ballast resistor.

I'm still learning my way around V8 Mopars after having only \6's in everything else so I would appreciate it if someone could share what this is.

Author: admin