help with 833 hurst shifter in 72 scamp

I have a 72 scamp with a 318 and a 833 4 speed. I bought this car without shifter linkage, a rear end, engine etc because it was a rust free west coast car.
I have a frame support member just ahead of the hurst shifter and it will not allow convetional 833 linkage to mount. Do I have to remove it and weld in a new section for the shift rods to mount or is there another way. The most difficult rod is the reverse rod. Any advice would help.

I am thirty miles west of Chicago. Thanks.
Author: admin